Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Thoughts on work

Growing up my Dad was initially the bread winner , but eventually my Mom started working and ended up being the bread winner which didn't sit well with my Dad. Thanks to my Mom I always knew I wanted to make my own money, just to able to support myself and never have to depend on someone. While I was in high school I held a couple of part-time jobs (cashier and babysitting). Right out of high school I married and had my first child even then I worked part-time so I could make my own money. I went on and had two more children and have worked part-time most of my life. When I did work full-time as a secretary I hated it!!!! I currently work part-time and love what I do, but I am not paid enough for all I do. I am back in school after a very very long break so I can further my passion and possibly make some money doing what I love.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections - I look forward to hearing more as you begin the next stage of your journey.

    ReplyDelete